So as of late our up and coming video Fitted has been coming together well as far as filming goes and I am happy to say we are trying to hype it up. This One Minute One Spot features one of New York‘s finest bladers, Ramelle Knight as he conquers the rail that has been featured in many NY videos. Check out Ramelle’s section in Fitted and also view Ramelle as he warms up for the first thing shot that day.
Text & edit: Joseph Perez
Ring Rails has been given its name because of the ring that is welded to the beginning and the end of the rail. On the day that Ramelle and I went to ring rails we noticed that the rail was on the verge of falling off from where it was built. The holes in the ground were stripped and the rail would lean at least 45 to 50 degree angles both ways. It was no good for what Ramelle wanted to lace on this spot. We looked around for solutions and noticed that the caps that covered the holes on the ground could be lifted. There are plenty of tree’s back there and broken branches that could be used to wedge into the holes in the ground. So we finally fixed the issue so that the rail was completely still and what happens… about 40 to 50 kids come running out of the school for recess. The thought going through my head is “Are you kidding, Summer School, seriously…” So now we go eat and come back and end up having to kill two and a half hours before being able to re-enter. So as we are about to start filming we noticed that the Bob the Builder job we did on the rail not only fixed our problem but slightly created a new one. Now the rail is about 3 to 4 inches higher so in my head I think “now I’m gonna be here for a longer warm up than usual“. About 2 minutes later Mel says
“you ready” I replied “always” and at that moment I realized how very professional and business orientated this man is and that his section in our 2011 release of “Fitted” is going to empower you with the inspiration Mr. Knight carries for rollerblading. Check out “Fitted” Early 1st quarter 2011!
1. Name: Ramelle Knight
2. Age: 26 Years Old
3. Hometown: Bronx, NY
4. Sponsors: USD, 50/50, Dipskate, B Unique
5. Favorite skate event you attended so far: Winterclash
6. Best contest results so far: 1st ECTSC, 3rd BCSD
7. Three characteristic features that describes you the best: Comical, adaptable, idealistic
8. Current set-up: Blk/Wht Deshi Carbons/50-50 Freestyle Frames/ Heat Stockwell wheels
9. Best rolling edit you have seen in 2010 so far: Iain Mcleod edits
10. Good advice you’ve been given: Millionaires never get rich alone.
11. Dumpest thing you did in your life so far: I never do dumb things. I may fail, but I pick myself up and try again.
12. Best thing you did in your life so far: Travel all over the world
13. A place you really want to travel to next: Brazil
14. Three people you would love to skate with at your favourite spot: Murda, Rachard & Ralphy
15. One Amateur who should be pro: Dave Lang
Your favorite pros’ favorite products. Support Be-Mag by buying at our very own
or one of the following affiliate partners:
Amazon – everything you need
B&H – cameras and more
eBay – Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and more